Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 10, 2021 - 2:13 PM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

Fulham join West Brom and Sheffield in being relegated.

Posted:   May 10, 2021 - 3:00 PM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Shame, got soft spot for fulham.

Posted:   May 10, 2021 - 3:15 PM   
 By:   Xebec   (Member)

I don't mind Fulham or West Brom. Not sure who i want to come up in third place. Bournemouth, or maybe Brentford, just for a change.

Posted:   May 10, 2021 - 3:43 PM   
 By:   Rameau   (Member)

It looks like it'll be all done & dusted before the last day (ManC only really need two points from their last three games, & that's if ManU win their last four). A shame, as it's fun when a couple of teams could still go down, & they cut from one game to the other & a goal changes everything, mind you, not much fun for the fans or managers.

Posted:   May 10, 2021 - 4:23 PM   

They will still do the same thing for 3rd 4th n 5th n 6th. Some fans wont care but Sky will hype whatever there is left to play for. "The Race for the champions league - and its live"

Posted:   May 10, 2021 - 8:51 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

The English supporters blame American owners for their troubles. But it is the ENGLISH OWNERS who sold out their clubs, selling their heritages to Americans, Russians, Arabs and anyone else who would cross their palms with gold.
No-one forced the English to sell. They jumped at the temptation of a few sackfuls of loot. And the supporters who now shriek their anger, were only too happy at the time to rake in the foreigners' money with the promise of big new player signings. Yes, the English supporters were as happy as their English owners to sell out their heritages.
They sold Man City to an overseas Royal Family! Hilarious! Can you imagine Prince Charles being allowed to buy Bayern Munich for the British Royal Family? The idea is so preposterous as to be insane. Do you think Real Madrid would let Prince Andrew buy the club for England? The very thought of it is of Monty Python comedy sketch hilarity. But that's EXACTLY what the sell out English allowed to happen – selling to a Middle East Royal Family. Even now, as I type this, another English owner, the sell out at Newcastle, is trying to sell his club and its heritage to the SAUDI Royal Family! Yes, the SAUDI Royal Family!!!
It would be so funny if not so tragic.
At least Chelsea and Liverpool and Arsenal sold out to businessmen and not foreign government entities. Yet now, having sold their own clubs to overseas businessmen, the English blame those buyers for trying to make profits on the investments they were encouraged by the English to make.
If I sell my mother's jewels, the buyer can do what he likes with them. If someone is to blame for that, it is me for selling them, not the buyer.
Ask yourself why the upcoming Champions League Final is described as an all-English contest. It is nothing of the sort. Both clubs are NOT English-owned. Both clubs are NOT coached by English managers. 75% of the players from both sides are NOT English. 95% of people watching the Final will NOT be English. And the game is currently scheduled NOT for England, but for Turkey.
So what exactly is English about the "all English" Champions League Final? Probably the Monty Python connection I mentioned earlier.

Posted:   May 10, 2021 - 10:42 PM   

Derby could still be relegated, apparently.

Posted:   May 11, 2021 - 12:23 AM   
 By:   Mark   (Member)

Basil Wrathbone
Lots of goods points in your posts. I'm an Arsenal fan and can tell you that fans were always up in arms over the Kroenke's buying up the shares and taking control of the club. We did not want American owners. Fans do not get to choose who owns 'their' club. You are right, many fans will hope new owners will spend money on players, but not at the expense of losing their club to the Super League scenario.

This IS an English Champions League final because both clubs are English clubs in that they are based in England......their home games are played in English cities and their pasts are rooted in the history of these cities. And that was/is the most worrying aspect of the Super League......that these clubs could be uprooted and moved to another country or play their home games in a variety of cities across the world. The remaining Englishness of these clubs should be celebrated and preserved.

Posted:   May 11, 2021 - 12:48 AM   
 By:   Rameau   (Member)

I think I have to side with Basil here, & not being a big football fan I can take a cool cynical look at it. The Englishness of these clubs is just the fans these days (& the clubs address). I remember a couple of years ago in an historical grudge match (I forget the clubs) the commentator remarked on the lack of passion, as the clubs really hated each other, & his co-commentator had to remind him the that the foreign players, managers & new owners knew nothing about the history of the teams, it was just another game to them. When the players wages bill is more than the whole turnover (let alone the profit), then it's time to sell to foreign billionaires. So the fans are really cheering for the Arabs against the Russians, oil money against gas money. It's all quite bonkers now, but I don't know how the toothpaste is going to get back into the tube. The debts these clubs have are eye-watering, Real Madrid is 901 million euros in debt (Spurs debt is £1.2 billion!). I keep thinking it will all come crashing down, but it seems to soldier on.

It looks like the Champions League final will be played in Portugal.

Posted:   May 11, 2021 - 9:09 AM   

Man Utd putting out Team C tonight, never mind Team B.

Posted:   May 11, 2021 - 9:29 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

Yep as I totally expected. They can whinge all they wish about the fixtures they have to play and harming the integrity of the competition, yet conveniently forget it was their own support who caused the issue.

Posted:   May 11, 2021 - 12:13 PM   
 By:   Xebec   (Member)

Tranmere reach the League Two play-offs and then sack their manager before the play-offs.

Apparently manager and players weren't getting on. He was critical of them in interviews. Tranmere fans are happy.

He must have really lost the team or clashed with the owner too.

It was probably 50/50 in blame.

Posted:   May 11, 2021 - 12:25 PM   

Man City have won the title after Man Utd's home defeat to Leicester.

Posted:   May 12, 2021 - 4:08 AM   

In news sure to please Kev and Thomas, Van Dyk has ruled himself out of Euro 2021.

Van Dijk said that he had not suffered a setback in his rehabilitation and he had "progressed nicely" but, in the latest stage of his recovery, had decided he could not play at this summer's tournament.

"I think the decision to not go is the right decision in the grand scheme of things," said Van Dijk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57083439

Posted:   May 12, 2021 - 11:01 AM   

Sounds a sensible move considering such a major injury. No point rushing back. Better off having a steady pre-season n recovering properly.

Chelsea arse tonight

2moro villa v the thugs n animals
Mankscum v liverpool

Posted:   May 12, 2021 - 12:31 PM   

Hilarious comedy goal for arsenal, huge chelsea blunder
Quite ironic given how stingey chelsea have been at the back

Didnt think it wud stay 0 1 but it did, Chelsea cudnt break down 11 men in the box

Posted:   May 13, 2021 - 2:54 AM   

Chelsea play Leicester next and they won't be able to field a weakened team!

Posted:   May 13, 2021 - 3:08 AM   
 By:   KeV McG   (Member)

If Chelsea get pipped for 4th place by West Ham or Liverpool or Totts, they could win the Champs League and get 4th place bombed out, like what happened with us in 2005/6 (although they let The Taffeys in for the start of that one before chucking them out via the Ref) wink

Posted:   May 13, 2021 - 3:34 AM   

even tho the concept of whu in CL is funny, hammers arent good enough for champs league, and cant get in now anyway. (Everton animals fucked us).
so in the scenario we scam our way in to europa we wont do anything anyway except out at the group stage. We are probably 7 good players short.

I would imagine 6th or 7th finish is more realistic. Id be thrilled with 5th and disappointed with 7th.

Posted:   May 13, 2021 - 3:49 AM   

It's probably irrelevant anyway, as we all know Liverpool won't beat the manks tonight so the dreaded Europa League is most likely.