Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 27, 2021 - 12:05 PM   
 By:   OnyaBirri   (Member)

Can we compile a comprehensive list of late-70s/early-80s TV shows that had a punk rock episode?

I know of at least two classics:

Quincy
CHiPs

Any others?

Posted:   Feb 27, 2021 - 12:26 PM   

Quincy episode:

Posted:   Feb 27, 2021 - 12:28 PM   

CLiPs from CHiPs:

Posted:   Feb 27, 2021 - 12:33 PM   

Among the TV shows and films of this era that portrayed "punk," one of the glaring mistakes is that the punks were violent. When I was in school, the "punks," were the misunderstood misfits, and were more likely to get beat up by jocks than to start any fights themselves.

Posted:   Feb 28, 2021 - 7:17 AM   

Great topic, Onya. A lot of the regulars here spent a lot of time watching TV during this period. There is even a member who painstakingly details the scores of each episode of particular TV shows. I'm sure some of the regulars will chime in with other examples of punk- and new wave-themed TV episodes from this period. If I can think of any, I will happily add them.

Posted:   Feb 28, 2021 - 10:24 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

Among the TV shows and films of this era that portrayed "punk," one of the glaring mistakes is that the punks were violent. When I was in school, the "punks," were the misunderstood misfits, and were more likely to get beat up by jocks than to start any fights themselves.

Yeah, my recollection was they were part of gang culture. At least that's how it was portrayed in movies.

Posted:   Mar 2, 2021 - 8:28 AM   

Yeah, my recollection was they were part of gang culture. At least that's how it was portrayed in movies.

Completely boneheaded, turning punks into Sharks and Jets.

Any other episodes worth mentioning?