Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Mar 1, 2021 - 9:21 AM   
 By:   dragon53   (Member)

MONDAY, MARCH 1

JUPITER'S LEGACY---featurette released for the Netflix superhero series based on the comic book.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09wRcI48110

MASTERS OF THE AIR---Austin Butler (ONCE UPON A TIME...IN HOLLYWOOD) and Callum Turner (FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD) will star in the Tom Hanks/Steven Spielberg/Apple TV+ miniseries based on the book about the Eighth Air Force in World War II. Butler will play Major Gale Cleven, and Turner will play Major John Egan.

THE PALE BLUE EYE---Christian Bale will reunite with director Scott Cooper (HOSTILES) in this movie based on the novel about a serial killer stalking the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1830 and the veteran detective assigned to the case who is aided by a young cadet named Edgar Allan Poe.

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---Zack Snyder said he is open to sequels to JUSTICE LEAGUE, “Well, it was meant to be two more movies. [This movie] doesn’t really encompass any of the additional movies other than little… It hints, as you would, at a potential other world. I’d plant the seeds as I had wanted to of what would come in the later films. That’s in there, but as far as those stories, that would be to come if ever that happened – which it does not look like it would.”
He added, “It is a cliffhanger … The movie ends in a massive cliffhanger, yeah.”

AQUAMAN 2---THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER writer Ryan Parker posted about rumors that Amber Heard had been fired from the sequel due to her controversial divorce from Johnny Depp, "Told by a reliable source that reports of Amber Heard being fired off 'Aquaman 2' are inaccurate."

PARALLEL---Netflix sci fi movie about a man and a woman who commit crimes in parallel universes who try to find a common universe where they can be together as they are pursued by their boss and the law. The writer is Ben Ripley (SOURCE CODE).

TICKET TO PARADISE---George Clooney and Julia Roberts will star in this Paramount Pictures romantic comedy movie about a divorced couple who travel to Bali to stop their daughter's upcoming marriage.

MASS EFFECT---after Henry Cavill posted a photo of him reading papers which he said might be a "Secret Project?", the Gamepressure website used software to read the text on the papers and found the following words on them: "Cerberus", "Reaper", "Geth" and "Tali'Zrah". All of the words are from the third game in the "Mass Effect" video game.

THE TERMINATOR---Netflix anime series underway based on the James Cameron movie franchise.

RED SONJA---Tasha Huo will write the script for the reboot movie.

NICKELODEON---Nickelodeon's Avatar Studios is developing an AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER animated movie. Nickelodeon is also developing a TRANSFORMERS animated tv series.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
A DIE ANOTHER DAY spinoff movie, JINX, which starred Halle Berry returning as NSA agent Jinx and Pierce Brosnan as James Bond, was cancelled. A leaked copy of the script, dated July 8, 2003, showed it was written by the veteran 007 team of Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. The spinoff told how Jinx's father was a US spy who was killed with her mother when terrorists blew up the US Ambassadorial compound in San Salvador. As an adult, Jinx (real name: Giacinto Johnson) joined the NSA to avenge her parents' death. Her NSA handler was Damian Falco (Michael Madsen). The spinoff had Jinx teaming up with James Bond to battle an international terrorist plot involving nerve gas.
Berry said about the JINX's cancellation, "It was very disappointing. It was ahead of its time. Nobody was ready to sink that kind of money into a black female action star. They just weren’t sure of its value. That’s where we were then."

A leaked copy of the JINX script, dated July 8, 2003, showed it was written by the veteran 007 team of Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.

Posted:   Mar 1, 2021 - 2:03 PM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

Justice League- Please no more!
Aquaman 2 - Only certain people get canceled.
Red Sonja- Well this is going to be dreadful.

Posted:   Mar 1, 2021 - 3:52 PM   
 By:   Xebec   (Member)

Can't wait for Masters of the Air. Hopefully it will be as good as Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Though creating aircraft and flying scenes in CGI that don't look absolutely awful or cartoony will be an absolute miracle.

Posted:   Mar 1, 2021 - 4:37 PM   

"Though creating aircraft and flying scenes in CGI that don't look absolutely awful or cartoony will be an absolute miracle."

Ditto!

Posted:   Mar 1, 2021 - 8:03 PM   
 By:   Warlok   (Member)

Can't wait for Masters of the Air. Hopefully it will be as good as Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Though creating aircraft and flying scenes in CGI that don't look absolutely awful or cartoony will be an absolute miracle.

The Lucas-produced WWII air force feature whose name escapes me had obvious CGI work, unfortunately (Red Tails?). Other than that I can't recall anything egregious, and that includes Midway & Dunkirk.

The Pale Blue Eye sounds interesting.

Posted:   Mar 1, 2021 - 8:24 PM   

WARLOK:

I think current CGI artists and directors should look at movies that used real airplanes for their combat scenes to see what real airplanes look like in flight and in maneuvers. BATTLE OF BRITAIN, THE BLUE MAX, TORA! TORA! TORA!, DARLING LILI are among the best examples.
CGI aerial combat has airplanes zipping through the sky with precise maneuvers like hummingbirds darting in and out---PEARL HARBOR, MIDWAY and FLYBOYS are good examples

Posted:   Mar 1, 2021 - 8:44 PM   
 By:   Xebec   (Member)

The recent Midway was abysmal. It could never convince you that anyone was ever near the water or the air. Terrible looking cartoon of a film.

The Pale Blue Eye does sound interesting, too.

Posted:   Mar 2, 2021 - 6:58 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

WARLOK:

I think current CGI artists and directors should look at movies that used real airplanes for their combat scenes to see what real airplanes look like in flight and in maneuvers. BATTLE OF BRITAIN, THE BLUE MAX, TORA! TORA! TORA!, DARLING LILI are among the best examples.
CGI aerial combat has airplanes zipping through the sky with precise maneuvers like hummingbirds darting in and out---PEARL HARBOR, MIDWAY and FLYBOYS are good examples

There's no incentive for production companies to do good CGI anymore. They can produce any gawd awful CGI and ppl will like it. So in they're minds why spend the time and money on doing it right if the audience doesn't see a difference or care about the quality of the SFX's?

Posted:   Mar 18, 2021 - 8:25 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Drag
I had this...

https://deadline.com/2021/03/masters-of-air-anthony-boyle-band-of-brothers-sequel-for-apple-amblin-and-playtone-1234713442/

Posted:   Mar 18, 2021 - 8:35 AM   

BILLCARSON:

Thanks for the link. I posted it in yesterday's Movie/TV News.

Posted:   Mar 18, 2021 - 9:08 AM   
 By:   Scott McOldsmith   (Member)

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---Zack Snyder said he is open to sequels to JUSTICE LEAGUE, “Well, it was meant to be two more movies. [This movie] doesn’t really encompass any of the additional movies other than little… It hints, as you would, at a potential other world. I’d plant the seeds as I had wanted to of what would come in the later films. That’s in there, but as far as those stories, that would be to come if ever that happened – which it does not look like it would.”
He added, “It is a cliffhanger … The movie ends in a massive cliffhanger, yeah.”

Bring them on. A whole trilogy! Pay Affleck any amount, I'll be thrilled.

Posted:   Mar 18, 2021 - 9:18 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

BILLCARSON:

Thanks for the link. I posted it in yesterday's Movie/TV News.

Sorry mate, mustve missed it. Weird coz i read the war magician item.

Posted:   Mar 18, 2021 - 7:46 PM   
 By:   Nightingale   (Member)

WARLOK:

The CGI in Midway (and the uniforms amongst other things) was terrible!!! The fighter planes were strafing civilians BELOW the tree tops! Looks terrible.

Posted:   Mar 20, 2021 - 12:06 AM   
 By:   Warlok   (Member)

WARLOK:

The CGI in Midway (and the uniforms amongst other things) was terrible!!! The fighter planes were strafing civilians BELOW the tree tops! Looks terrible.

I disliked the CGI in the Lucas Red Tails film, but honestly nothing in the new Midway offended me. I am unable to place the effects in that film in the same family as the aforementioned. Maybe Midway didn't need to show the planes for as long, and any dearths thereby passed me by? Whatever they did, it did the job; I honestly don't recall anything egregious. In any event... smile