Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Mar 3, 2021 - 9:53 AM   
 By:   dragon53   (Member)

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3

WITHOUT REMORSE---trailer released for the Amazon Prime tv series starring Michal B. Jordan.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-rw2cxFVLg

KITBAG---Jodie Comer will co-star with Joaquin Phoenix in the Ridley Scott/Apple Studios biomovie about Napoleon Bonaparte. Comer will play Bonaparte's wife, Josephine.

OPERATION MINCEMEAT---Colin Firth stars in this Netflix World War II movie based on the book about British intelligence officers who used the corpse of a homeless man and dressed him up as a fictional Royal Marines captain with an attache case of top secret documents. The documents stated that the Allies were going to invade Greece and Sardinia, but in reality the invasion would be Sicily. The corpse was left off the coast of Spain where Spanish officials gave the documents to German intelligence. Adolf Hitler then sent reinforcements to Greece which allowed the Sicily invasion to proceed with far less German opposition. Operation Mincemeat was based on a proposal generally attributed to Royal Navy Lieutenant Commander Ian Fleming, who later gained fame as the author of the James Bond novels. The 1956 movie THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS was based on Operation Mincemeat.

SANDKINGS---Gore Verbinski (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN) will direct this Netflix movie based on the George RR Martin short story. The 1995 tv movie version starring Beau Bridges was the first episode of THE OUTER LIMITS reboot series.

COMING TO AMERICA--=Eddie Murphy said white comedian Louie Anderson was added to the cast of the 1988 movie because Paramount Pictures felt it needed a white actor, "Paramount was like, because the whole cast was black and this was back in the ‘80s. So it was like, ‘There has to be a white person in the movie.’ I was like, ‘What?’ So who was the funniest white guy around? We knew Louie was cool, so that's how Louie got in the movie."
Arsenio Hall added, “I love Louie, but I think we were forced to put Louie in it. I think we were forced to put in a white person.”

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS---Hugh Grant will play the villain Forge Fletcher, and Sophia Lillis will play Doric in the reboot movie starring Chris Pine.

SUPERMAN & LOIS---CW renewed the series for Season 2.

ARE YOU THERE, GOD? IT'S ME, MARGARET---Kathy Bates will play the grandmother in the movie starring Rachel McAdams that is based on the novel.

THE DEVIL'S HOUR---Amazon horror tv series about a woman who wakes up at 3:33 am every night and is the suspect in a string of murders. Steven Moffat is co-producer.

TRIVIA---in AIRPLANE!, two UCLA basketball stars appear in the classic parody movie. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar plays co-pilot Roger Murdoch. Michael Warren, who later co-starred on HILL STREET BLUES, plays a patient in the US Army Psychiatric Hospital scene. Warren's daughter-in-law is Jessica Alba.

In AIRPLANE!, former UCLA basketball star Kareem Abdul-Jabbar plays co-pilot Roger Murdoch in AIRPLANE!

Former UCLA basketball star Michael Warren, who later co-starred on HILL STREET BLUES, plays a patient in the US Army Psychiatric Hospital scene.

Warren's daughter-in-law is Jessica Alba.

Posted:   Mar 3, 2021 - 10:10 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

A redo of one of the best war films ever made, Man Who never was??
Remake a shit war film not a flawless one that still holds up today.

Posted:   Mar 3, 2021 - 12:16 PM   
 By:   jackfu   (Member)

A redo of one of the best war films ever made, Man Who never was??
Remake a shit war film not a flawless one that still holds up today.

I only watched The Man Who Never Was (1956) recently and I really liked it.
Part of my motivation for watching was Gloria Grahame being in it. She just had "that look" in her eyes that always got to me. Being picky, I guess, but I noticed her upper lip seemed odd; it looked stiff and immobile like she'd had a shot of novocaine.
Anyway; great, atmospheric thriller.