Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Mar 5, 2021 - 10:45 PM   
 By:   zooba   (Member)

Pre- WAITING FOR GUFFMAN'S Corky St. Clair, Chris Guest basically played the same character as Antoninus DiMentabella and Chip DiMentabella in Billy Crystal's DON'T GET ME STARTED with Billy as Sammy Davis Jr. and Buddy Young Jr.

It seemed Guest and Short loved playing these characters. I find these fictional characters hilarious and Billy Crystal's take on Sammy Davis Jr. is brilliant. Something we'll probably never see again in this day and age.

DON'T GET ME STARTED with Guest as Chip DiMentabella Choreographer / Director and Marc Shaiman on Piano!

Guest as Corky St. Clair in WAITING FOR GUFFMAN:

Posted:   Mar 5, 2021 - 11:29 PM   

Posted:   Mar 6, 2021 - 12:04 AM   

Deleted from the Released Cut of WAITING FOR GUFFMAN:

I wonder if Eugene Levy took his son Dan Levy to see GUFFMAN in 1996? Young Dan would have been 13 years old at that time. He is now a successful openly gay actor. I'm curious to what his feelings and thoughts are concerning WAITING FOR GUFFMAN? Be interesting to see Dan act in a Christopher Guest Mockumentary. He has a delivery that seems like it might work well in those types of films.

Posted:   Mar 6, 2021 - 9:05 AM   
 By:   Max Bellochio   (Member)

Don't forget that Martin Short played that same kind of character in THE BIG PICTURE, as Kevin Bacon's agent "Mr. Sussman."

I agree, it must be one of those kind of characters he enjoys playing. I say "kind" very loosely, as Sussman is not exactly in the same vein. It is in the same obtuse level of nutty introspection that I enjoy about what Guest and Short brought to those type of performances.

My favorite line of his, as Sussman the agent was, "If anyone tries to cross you, I'll grab them by the balls and SQUEEZE till their dead.."

Very
MaxB